Investing in a 21st Century Infrastructure
FOR THE PG&E EMPLOYEES living throughout our service territory, our customers are our neighbors. The communities we serve are where we live and work, too.
That’s why we’re investing more than $5 billion this year to enhance pipeline safety and strengthen our gas and electrical infrastructure across northern and central California. It’s why we’re helping people and businesses gain energy efficiencies to help reduce their bills. It’s why we’re focused on developing the next generation of clean, renewable energy systems.
We want to tell you more about our activities right here in your area. Meet some of our local employees, get the facts and see our progress in the Bay Area.READ MORE
- Replaced more than 30 miles of gas transmission pipeline in the Bay Area
- Pressure-tested more than 80 miles of gas transmission pipeline in the Bay Area
- Continue to leak survey all gas distribution pipeline — more than 17,200 miles in the Bay Area over a five year period
- Continue to leak survey all gas transmission pipeline — nearly 2,800 miles in the Bay Area
- Invested more than $2.1 billion into electrical improvements in the Bay Area
- Enrolled more than 504,000 Bay Area households in the CARE Program, which provides a monthly discount on energy bills
- Contributed more than $19.5 million to non-profit and community organizations
- Connected more than 65,000 rooftop solar installations for residents and businesses
- Provided $139.5 million in energy efficiency incentives to residents and businesses
- All facts 2013/2014 unless otherwise noted