Investing in a 21st Century Infrastructure
FOR THE PG&E EMPLOYEES living throughout our service territory, our customers are our neighbors. The communities we serve are where we live and work, too.
That’s why we’re investing $4.5 billion every year to enhance pipeline safety and strengthen our gas and electric infrastructure across northern and central California. It’s why we’re helping people and businesses gain energy efficiencies to help reduce their bills. It’s why we’re focused on developing the next generation of clean, renewable energy systems.
We want to tell you more about our activities right here in your area. Meet some of our local employees, get the facts and see our progress in the Bakersfield area.READ MORE
- Pressure-tested 10 miles of gas transmission pipeline in the Bakersfield Area
- Continue to leak survey all gas distribution pipelines – more than 1,500 miles in the Bakersfield area over a five-year period
- Continue to leak survey all gas transmission pipelines – nearly 400 miles in the Bakersfield area annually
- Invested more than $130 million into electrical improvements in the Bakersfield area in 2013
- Installed smart grid technology on more than 40 electrical circuits benefiting more than 120,000 customers in the Bakersfield area. In the event of an outage, this “self-healing” technology minimizes the amount of customers who are without power for an extended period of time
- Enrolled more than 90,000 Bakersfield area households in the CARE Program, which provides a monthly discount on energy bills