Investing in a 21st Century Infrastructure
FOR THE PG&E EMPLOYEES living throughout our service territory, our customers are our neighbors. The communities we serve are where we live and work, too.
That’s why we’re investing more than $5 billion this year to enhance pipeline safety and strengthen our gas and electric infrastructure across northern and central California. It’s why we’re helping people and businesses gain energy efficiencies to help reduce their bills. It’s why we’re focused on developing the next generation of clean, renewable energy systems.
We want to tell you more about our activities right here in your area. Meet some of our local employees, get the facts and see our progress in the Bakersfield area.READ MORE
- Pressure-tested 11 miles of gas transmission pipeline
- Continue to leak survey all gas distribution pipelines – more than 2,700 miles over a five-year period
- Continue to leak survey all gas transmission pipelines – nearly 430 miles in the Bakersfield area
- Invested more than $294 million into electrical improvements
- Enrolled more than 97,000 Bakersfield area households in the CARE Program, which provides a monthly discount on energy bills
- Contributed nearly $1.7 million to non-profit and community organizations
- Connected more than 8,600 rooftop solar installations for residents and businesses
- Provided $15.7 million in energy efficiency incentives to residents and businesses
- All facts 2013/2014 unless otherwise noted